Library members can email email@example.com if they have specific items they may need to access during this time otherwise the library will be fully accessible again on Monday the 17th.
If you are not a library member and are interested in access to the Thérèse Brady Library collection, details of our membership scheme and our public access are available HERE
The year ahead is already shaping up to be jam-packed with dates for your calendar.
So to help you get planning, here are just a few upcoming conferences, seminars and training courses you might want to investigate in the coming months;
- January 12 -13 & January 26th & 27th ‘Challenging conversations in end-of-life; communication skills for professionals including advance care planning’
- January 21st ‘Primary schools and bereavement‘ St Christopher’s Hospice London
The full programme of training events scheduled at St Christopher’s Hospice Education centre can be downloaded HERE
Closer to home the Irish Hospice Foundations bereavement workshop programme for 2011 begins on;
- January 20th with an overview of loss and bereavement
This is an introductory workshop providing insight into the bereavement journey and examining current theoretical practice and models of grief and loss. The full programme of Irish Hospice Foundation bereavement workshops can be downloaded HERE
- January 24th & 25th – Spiritual care at end of life – Princess Alice Hospice, Esher Surrey
The Irish Hospice Foundation’s ‘Grief at work’ lunchtime seminar’s begin on
- February 1st and run through until March 15th – details of the full programme are available HERE
- February 3rd – IAPC Education & Research Seminar – Hilton hotel, charlemont place, Dublin 2
This years IAPC seminar includes a wide range of research presentations on topics including; Bereavement support for patients with intellectual disability, End-of-life care information and discussing death & dying with dementia patients and their families.
- March 3rd NCPC ‘Dying out of hours – 24/7 care at end of life’
This National Council for Palliative Care conference spotlights the increasing importance of policies to support 24 hour care for patients at end of life
Details of further conferences and dates of interest will be posted over the coming months so stay tuned.